It is important that you and all members of the travelling party are aware of the following terms & conditions as they may relate all or in part to the bookings held by our office on your behalf. If you are making bookings on behalf of a couple or a group, we will be happy to provide you with more than one copy of this confirmation if requested.
By paying your deposit, you acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older and that you understand and accept our Terms & Conditions on behalf of all travellers on this booking. All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
Bookings made on our website require payment by credit card. A merchant fee applies to all payments made online or in-store/over the phone – the following fee applies:
- MasterCard 1.3%
- Visa Card 1.5%
- American Express 2.2%
- Diners 3.0%.
ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT OPTIONS
Payments can be made via Direct Deposit however can take up to 3 business days to process. Please notify your consultant of your payment once it has been processed. Payment can be made by direct deposit as follows:
ACCOUNT NAME: travel key
BSB: 082 057
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 117015388
REFERENCE: Booking Number & Surname
You can also pay by cheque however they will not be accepted for travel within 14 working days of travel. Cheque’s are payable to travel key.
NAMES AS PER PASSPORT & PASSPORT VALIDITY
Please ensure ALL tickets are issued in the name of the passport holder. An incorrect name (spelling) on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Please review your travel documentation carefully and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings. If any changes of names need to be made, any penalties will be payable by the traveller.
You need to ensure that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date of your return to Australia. If travelling on any passport other than Australian you must inform us immediately as it may be necessary to obtain a re-entry visa into Australia or visas for other countries and if you have a previous criminal record you could be denied entry into your country of destination.
Whilst we offer full assistance, it is the responsibility of each traveller to ensure that they have full and correct documentation to undertake their journey, and we do not accept any liability whatsoever.
Your holiday safety and enjoyment is important to us and we support the Australian Governments recommendation that all people travelling take out travel insurance.
Please ask your consultant for details on the travel insurance products that we provide, including a quote. You must obtain a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) relating to the travel insurance product you are considering purchasing. We recommend that you read the document thoroughly before making the decision to proceed.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions (as listed in the PDS) then cover for this may need approval by the Insurer. If you need cover for a pre-existing medical condition that requires approval by the insurer, we are able to provide you with information to assist in completing this application.
NOTE: If you have taken out another Travel Insurance Policy not offered by travel key or festival travel.com.au or believe you have adequate cover from a credit card policy, we will require details of the insurance cover that you hold. In the event of a claim, should your Travel Insurance provider require paperwork from our office to support your claim, this will incur a $250.00 administration fee. If you decline the offer to purchase travel insurance through our office, you will be requested to sign an Indemnity Form before travel documents will be released.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
All Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you wish to amend your travel arrangements (if allowed) we reserve the right to charge a minimum amendment fee of $55.00 per person.
If you cancel your travel arrangements after final payment, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of 20% of the total booking value or the paid deposit amount, whichever is higher in addition to third party fees.
The Third Party Travel Provider may also charge cancellation and amendment fees in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed between you and the Third Party Travel Provider.
Most Third Party Travel Providers treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as a full cancellation and can incur full cancellation charges.
AMERICAN EXPRESS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS
travel key & festivaltravel.com.au is a partner in the American Express Membership Rewards programme. American Express Membership rewards points can be earned when paying with your American Express Card and redeemed as payment (partial or full payment) for your travel arrangements. If you are utilizing American Express Cards for payment or redemption, you must advise your consultant at the time of booking to allow correct processing. Only valid American Express Cards affiliated to the American Express Membership Rewards programme are entitled to earn or redeem points. It is the full and exclusive responsibility of the card holder to ensure their card is a partner in the Membership Rewards programme.
Visas, including transit visas, are the passengers own responsibility. We are able to assist with processing at a fee – please ask your consultant for more information. To find out if you need a visa for the destination you are travelling to, please log on to: http://www.dfat.gov.au or http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au. Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate of each country that you are travelling to, as many destinations require visas for both Australians and non-Australian passport holders. For more information, log on to http://www.visalink.com.au.
Travel to the United States
International travellers booked on flights to the United States, including Hawaii, it is now mandatory, under the Visa Waiver Program to receive an electronic authorisation known as ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) no less than 72 hours before travel to the USA. This can be obtained from the following Website: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/. Your travel consultant can assist you in obtaining an ESTA at a processing fee of $25.00 per person.
Travel to Canada
Foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The Government of Canada’s official website to apply for an eTA is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp and it costs $7 CAD. Your travel consultant can assist you in obtaining an ESTA at a processing fee of $25.00 per person.
TRAVELLERS HEALTH ADVICE
Some areas of the world have special vaccination and health requirements. We recommend that you contact your nearest Travellers Medical Centre who are specialists in this field. Your local doctor may not have access to the most recent World Health Organisation notices. If you are unable to undertake travel because you do not meet the health requirements, we will not be liable for any extra costs that may be incurred.
DEPT. of FOREIGN AFFAIRS & TRADE WARNINGS
For reasons of political unrest, acts of war or terrorism or natural disasters in certain parts of the world, the Australian Government in conjunction with various other worldwide bodies may decide to issue a Government Advisory warning to Australian passport holders not to travel to that country. In these instances, whilst travel to some countries is not advisable and some clauses of the travel
insurance coverage may not be effective, we appreciate that some clients may still need to travel to those areas. Whilst we are prepared to make these bookings on our clients behalf we do so without responsibility or liability. Should you wish to check with the Department of Foreign Affairs their web address is www.dfat.gov.au. There is also a service provided to Australian travellers where you are able to register your personal details i.e. passport numbers, contact details in Australia and the countries you will be visiting. These details are automatically passed on to the relevant Embassies of the countries you will be visiting. Simply register via the website www.dfat.gov.au to utilise this service. For consulate warning`s, visit smarttraveller.gov.au.
FREQUENT FLYERS & SPECIAL REQUESTS
Please advise your consultant of your Frequent Flyer or Cruise line membership details for inclusion in your booking. We do not offer advice on Frequent Flyer eligibility on flights that we advertise or that you have booked. For more information on whether your airfare or cruise is eligible for rewards, you must contact the Third Party Provider directly. We do not take any responsibility should Third Party Travel Provider not register your trip. We recommend that you retain copies of your documentation and boarding passes as a record.
Please advise your consultant of any special requests that you have: ie: smoking or non-smoking, aisle or window seats, special dietary requests, airport assistance or hotel room type. Every attempt will be made by us to accommodate your request, and these will be passed on to the Third Party Travel Provider but cannot be guaranteed.
LUGGAGE & SEAT ALLOCATIONS
Checked Luggage and Seat Fees Bookings made on some airlines may not automatically include a check-in baggage allowance. Check-in baggage allowances included in the fare purchased will be listed on your booking confirmation. Baggage fees may be charged directly by the airline for adding or increasing check-in baggage allowances, please note higher charges may be imposed at the airport for any additional requirements that are not pre-arranged. Check-in baggage fees are non-refundable once purchased. Some airlines allow seating to be requested once tickets are issued.
Please advise your consultant if you have any special requests, and whilst these can not be guaranteed, we will endeavour to provide you with the best options available. Please note: there are some airlines that will charge a fee to request specific seats or exit row seats (terms and conditions vary from airline to airline). Once this fee is paid, seat fees are non-refundable and non-changeable.
TICKETING & DOCUMENTATION
Your consultant will contact you to advise when the documents will be ready. All travel documentation will be available for collection at least 2 weeks prior to departure.
What we provide to you
1. We provide you with Booking & Advisory Services that allow you to acquire a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider. We act as an agent for the Third Party Travel Provider.
2. By acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us, you agree that you have read and understood both these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Third Party Travel Provider relating to the Travel Product.
3. You pay us for providing the Booking & Advisory Services to you.
What the Third Party Travel Provider provides to you
4. Once you have acquired Booking & Advisory Services from us, the Third Party Travel Provider will provide you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed between you and the Third Party Travel Provider.
5. These terms and conditions are available from the Third Party Travel Provider and may include rules and restrictions about the use and availability of fares, products and services, refund and cancellation policies and the limitation or exclusion of liability for death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. You should obtain and read all of the Third Party Travel Providers terms and conditions before acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us.
6. You pay the Third Party Travel Provider for providing the Travel Product to you.
7. We do not (and cannot) provide you with the Travel Product and you do not pay us for acquiring the Travel Product. We also do not act as your agent when you acquire Booking & Advisory Services from us or a Travel Product from a Third Party Travel Provider or when you seek a refund from the Third Party Travel Provider.
We are liable to you for Booking & Advisory Services
8. Because we provide you with Booking & Advisory Services and you pay us for acquiring Booking & Advisory Services, we are liable to you in accordance with these terms and conditions for breaching our obligations in providing the Booking & Advisory Services to you.
9. Subject to the application of consumer guarantees which may be implied into the supply of Booking & Advisory Services to you, we are not otherwise liable to you or anyone else (including for negligence, breach of contract or tort) for any loss or damage (including specific, direct, indirect, consequential, economic loss, incidental damages, lost profits or savings or damages for disappointment) however caused and which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with the:
(a) use of (or inability to use) the Booking & Advisory Service;
(b) disruption to the Booking & Advisory Service;
(c) the delivery or non-delivery of the Travel Product; or
(d) any act or omission of Third Party Travel Providers or other third parties.
10. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude or restrict the application of consumer guarantees under consumer protection laws but we do not give any guarantee or warranty and do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Booking & Advisory Services supplied by us outside these laws.
11. All information relating to a Travel Product or a Third Party Travel Provider is provided by Third Party Travel Providers or other independent third parties. We are not responsible for and make no warranty or representation about such information including the standard, class, or description of accommodation or services provided by Third Party Travel Providers.
The Third Party Travel Provider is liable to you for the Travel Product
12. As agent for the Third Party Travel Provider, we are not liable to you for a breach of obligations by the Third Party Travel Provider in providing you with a Travel Product.
13. The Third Party Travel Provider is liable to you for a breach of obligations in providing you with the Travel Product.
Booking and payment terms
14. The Travel Products offered by us are subject to availability and can be withdrawn without notice by the Third Party Travel Provider. Travel Products may also change at any time in accordance with the terms and conditions you agree with the Third Party Travel Provider.
15. When making a booking, you must provide details of each traveller correctly and according to their passport or other identification document. Some Third Party Travel Providers will deny carriage if the travellers name varies from their booking and may cancel automatically if the travellers name is amended. We have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the incorrect entry of a travellers name or as a result of the Third Party Travel Providers policies.
16. We are not responsible for any changes made by a Third Party Travel Provider to the payment due date and prices for Travel Products are not guaranteed until payment has been made in full and documents have been processed.
17. It is your responsibility to contact the Third Party Travel Provider prior to departure to ensure there is no change to the scheduled departure time.
18. Payments processed in foreign currency (currency other than the original card holders country of issue), may incur a currency conversion fee. Please refer to your financial institution for applicable fees.
Changes in Price and Itineraries for Travel Products
20. The price of your Travel Product may change at any time up to your departure if any new surcharges, fees or taxes are introduced or if any existing surcharges, fees or taxes are varied, even after you have paid all or part of the quoted price for your Travel Product.
21. If we have to change any part of your booking for reasons beyond our control, for example, if a Third Party Travel Provider changes its schedules, overbooks, or if there are any changes in applicable surcharges, fees or taxes, we will notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product and we will refund any monies already paid less any fees charged by us under these terms and conditions and by the Third Party Travel Providers under the terms and conditions you agreed with them.
Your obligations and warranties
22. You warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old and have the power and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and with the Third Party Travel Providers of the Travel Products that you acquire; (b) the information you provide us about yourself is true, accurate, current and complete (apart from any optional items) as required by any registration process; and (c) you will maintain and promptly update this information to keep it true, accurate and complete.
23. You warrant to us that you have considered acquiring comprehensive travel insurance and we are not responsible for any failure by you to acquire adequate insurance cover.
24. You warrant to us that you will use the Booking & Advisory Services in accordance with these terms and conditions and you will not use the Booking & Advisory Services in any way to breach any laws or defame anyone.
25. You agree to indemnify us from and against all claims, actions, suits, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, losses, whether arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Booking & Advisory Services by you or any person using the Booking & Advisory Services through any means provided to you.
Jurisdiction and Law