It is important that you and all members of the travelling party are aware of the following terms & conditions as they may relate all or in part to the bookings held by our office on your behalf. If you are making bookings on behalf of a couple or a group, we will be happy to provide you with more than one copy of this confirmation if requested.
NAMES AS PER PASSPORT & PASSPORT VALIDITY
Please ensure ALL tickets are issued in the name of the passport holder. An incorrect name (spelling) on a booking may result in an inability to use that booking and the booking being cancelled. Please review your travel documentation carefully and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings. If any changes of names need to be made, any penalties will be payable by the traveller.
You need to ensure that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date of your return to Australia. If travelling on any passport other than Australian you must inform us immediately as it may be necessary to obtain a re-entry visa into Australia or visas for other countries and if you have a previous criminal record you could be denied entry into your country of destination.
Whilst we offer full assistance, it is the responsibility of each traveller to ensure that they have full and correct documentation to undertake their journey, and we do not accept any liability whatsoever.
Your holiday safety and enjoyment is important to us and we support the Australian Governments recommendation that all people travelling take out travel insurance.
Please ask your consultant for details on the travel insurance products that we provide, including a quote. You must obtain a Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) relating to the travel insurance product you are considering purchasing. We recommend that you read the document thoroughly before making the decision to proceed.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions (as listed in the PDS) then cover for this may need approval by the Insurer. If you need cover for a pre-existing medical condition that requires approval by the insurer, we are able to provide you with information to assist in completing this application.
NOTE: If you have taken out another Travel Insurance Policy not offered by travel key or festival travel.com.au or believe you have adequate cover from a credit card policy, we will require details of the insurance cover that you hold. In the event of a claim, should your Travel Insurance provider require paperwork from our office to support your claim, this will incur a $250.00 administration fee. If you decline the offer to purchase travel insurance through our office, you will be requested to sign an Indemnity Form before travel documents will be released.
Booking & Advisory Services – Terms and Conditions
- References to “us”, “we” and/or “our” in these Booking & Advisory Services Terms and Conditions means [insert business name] trading as [insert name] Travel.
- We are a travel agent. We arrange travel services and sell a Travel Product on behalf of Third Party Travel Providers (Providers) including airlines, tour and cruise operators, car hirers and accommodation providers. We charge a service fee for providing this service.
- Once we have booked a Travel Product on your behalf, your contract is then with the Provider of those services.
- Your rights to amend or cancel your Travel Booking and the cost of doing so will be governed by the Provider’s terms and conditions. The Provider’s terms and conditions may be non-refundable or may have amendment and cancellation fees. It is important that you understand this when entering into a contract with us. These fees are in addition to amendment and cancellation fees charged by us, outlined in the Schedule of Professional Service Fees.
- We provide you with Booking & Advisory Services that allow you to acquire Travel Products from a Provider. We act as agent for the Provider.
- By acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us, you agree that you have read and understood our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Providers.
Fees and Commissions
- We charge a fee for providing the Booking & Advisory Services to you. The fee is non-refundable, even if the Travel Product is not used.
- All fees are outlined in the Schedule of Professional Service Fees.
- We may receive a commission, fee, rebate, gift or financial incentives from Providers, in respect of your booking. Any commission, gift, fee, rebate and/or financial incentive received by us from Providers in relation to your booking is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
Liability of Agency and Limitations of Liability
- We are liable to you for providing Booking & Advisory Services in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Our travel Booking & Advisory Services come with guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded. These guarantees include that the services:
- will be provided with due care and skill;
- will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose;
- can reasonably be expected to achieve the desired result; and
- will be provided within a reasonable time.
- If we do not meet any of the expectations set out in paragraph 11, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, we are not liable for any technical errors, corruption of any data, unauthorised access to your personal data, inaccuracies in information supplied by you or third parties, or failure to complete bookings when that failure is due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Subject to the application of consumer guarantees which may be implied into the supply of Booking & Advisory Services to you, we are not otherwise liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with the:
- the delivery or non-delivery of the Travel Product; or
- any act or omission of Providers or other third parties.
- Apart from the rights you have under the Trade Practices Act that cannot be lawfully excluded, we shall not be liable for any inconvenience, delay, loss, death, injury or damage to you or your belongings or otherwise caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party suppliers, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude or restrict the application of consumer guarantees under consumer protection law.
Liability of the Provider
- Once you have acquired Booking & Advisory Services from us, the Provider will provide you with the Travel Product on the terms and conditions agreed between you and the Provider. You should obtain and read the Provider’s terms and conditions before acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us.
- The Provider is liable to you for a breach of obligations in providing you with the Travel Product.
- As an agent of the Provider, we have no control over or liability for, the services provided by Providers. We cannot guarantee the performance of the Provider and we have no liability in respect of the supply of any Travel Products including any liability in contract, tort or otherwise, for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any provider of travel services or products by Providers. All bookings with us are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by the Provider.
- The Travel Products offered are subject to availability and can be withdrawn without notice by the Provider. Travel Products may also change at any time in accordance with the Providers terms and conditions.
- When making a booking, you must provide details of each traveller correctly. We have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the incorrect entry of a traveller’s details.
- Travel Products obtained through the Booking & Advisory Services are not guaranteed until payment has been made in full and documents have been processed.
- It is your responsibility to contact the Provider prior to departure to ensure there is no change to the scheduled departure time.
- Most airlines offer only electronic confirmation of your reservation, or ‘e-ticketing’. We cannot be held responsible if your e-ticket does not arrive due to an incorrect email address or your junk email settings. You must notify us immediately if you change your email address or contact telephone number after making a booking. It is your responsibility to advise us if you have not received your e-ticket confirmation.
- When making a booking you must advise your consultant of any medical, dietary or mobility conditions you may have.
- When making a booking you must advise us if you are pregnant.
- All pricing is reflected in Australian Dollars unless otherwise specified.
- All pricing is inclusive of goods and services tax (GST), or other such value added taxes where applicable.
- Payments processed in foreign currency (currency other than the original card holders country of issue), may incur a currency conversion fee. Please refer to your financial institution for applicable fees.
- We sell Travel Products in two different ways:
- as merchant, where we take payment directly from you at the time of booking confirmation; or
- as retail, where your Travel Product will either be paid to the Provider directly at the time of booking or payable to the Provider on the date of travel.
- Travel Products purchased in accordance with the ‘retail’ method, will not be bound by these terms and conditions and you are responsible for pursuing any claims of cancellation, re-scheduling, refunds or chargebacks directly with the merchant.
- As the merchant we are governed by the terms and conditions of the provider of the merchant facility.
- A credit card or debit card fee may also be charged by certain Providers and low cost carriers. You will be notified of such charges prior to your purchase
- All charges, including the credit card fees, may be in another currency (e.g. EUR), which we will provide an estimate for in Australian dollars.
Refunds and Credits
- If you cancel your Travel Product, your right to a refund or credit is subject to the terms and conditions of the Provider.
- If the Provider is required to provide you with a refund or credit for the Travel Product, we will liaise with the Provider to arrange that refund. Where you are entitled to a refund, we are unable to provide you with this refund until we receive it from the Provider. Please note that most Providers take 60 – 90 days to process any refund.
- Any refund or credit will be subject to these terms and conditions and will not include the Booking & Service Advisory fee, credit card fees or any commissions received. You may also be charged a cancellation fee by the Provider.
- Where refunds for unused services are allowed, a service fee may be charged by the Provider against the value of the refund.
- If you have a booking for a Travel Product (including flights and accommodation) but you do not show up to check-in or otherwise do not avail yourself of such Travel Product, you will not be entitled to any refund from us.
Cancellation and Amendments
- If you amend or cancel your Travel Product, we reserve the right to charge the cancellation and amendment fees as per the Schedule of Professional Service Fees.
- The Provider may charge cancellation and amendment fees in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed between you and the Provider. These will be in addition to the fees charged by us. We are not liable for any cancellation fees or refusals to refund made by the Provider.
- Many Providers treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as a full cancellation and these can incur full cancellation charges.
- We will not charge a cancellation or amendment fee if you cancel or amend your booking due to a breach by us of our obligations to you or due to our fault.
Cancellations and amendments for online low cost carrier bookings only
- If your flight booking is with a Low Cost Carrier, you can only cancel or change your booking by contacting the Provider directly.
Cancellations and amendments for hotel bookings only
- Please review the cancellation policy for your hotel booking for any penalties that may apply.
- You are choosing to travel at a time where you may be exposed to the Coronavirus. It is your responsibility to ensure you have read and understand all relevant travel information including health.
- We endeavour to provide the most accurate and up to date travel information at time of booking on travel restrictions and transit points for countries and areas you may be travelling to and via, however, this information is subject to government change and is the travellers’ responsibility to continue to monitor any changes that are relevant to their itinerary before and during travel.
- Should future travel mandates from suppliers and governments require compulsory vaccinations, vary the minimum age, special exemption criteria and/or PCA testing it is the traveller’s responsibility to meet this requirement. Please note you may be required to provide a negative COVID test result for travel and some countries may require further testing on arrival.
- You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made based on your own understanding of this information, and you acknowledge and agree that you are aware of, and assume responsibility for, the risks associated with traveling at this time.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability in relation to these additional risks.
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations in booking the Travel Product that is due to events beyond our control.
- If a force majeure event occurs that affects your booking, your entitlement to a refund, a credit or re-scheduled travel booking will depend on the Provider’s terms and conditions.
- If your booking is impacted by a force majeure event and you are entitled to a refund or credit from the Provider, we will facilitate this refund or credit.
- The Booking & Service Advisory fee, credit card fees or any commissions received are non-refundable in the circumstance that a force majeure event occurs.
Low Cost Flights
- If you book a low cost flight with us, we will make the booking on your behalf and your contract for your low cost flight will also be subject to the airline’s booking terms and conditions.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all details of the booking are correct before proceeding. For any changes or cancellations, please contact the airline directly, quoting your reference.
Additional Airline Charges
- Some Providers may also charge additional fees. Please check with the Provider for their full terms and conditions.
- Some Providers will require an additional charge to be paid locally (e.g. a resort fee) at the time of check in or check out. This amount is in addition to the amount shown during the booking process under the ‘total booking cost’ amount.
- There may be taxes levied abroad but not paid at the point of purchase that are payable in relation to your hotel booking (e.g. local taxes, sales tax etc.). Any local taxes will be payable by you directly to the Provider at the time of check in/check out.
Changes in Price and Itineraries
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking in the event we have reasonable grounds to believe it is fraudulent.
- If a Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product. Any refund would be subject to the Travel Provider terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are subject to variation at any time. Any variation will be displayed here, and you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you have made a booking after it has been displayed.
Your Obligations and Warranties
- You warrant to us that:
- you are at least 18 years old and have the power, capacity and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and with the Providers of the Travel Products that you acquire;
- you have read and understood these terms and conditions and if booking on behalf of third parties, you have conveyed these terms and conditions to them;
- the information you provide us about yourself is true, accurate, current and complete (apart from any optional items) as required by any registration process;
- you have considered acquiring comprehensive travel insurance and we are not responsible for any failure by you to acquire adequate insurance cover; and
- you will use the Booking & Advisory Services in accordance with these terms and conditions and you will not use the Booking & Advisory Services in any way to breach any laws or defame anyone.
Jurisdiction and Law
- All matters arising out of or in connection with the Booking & Advisory Services and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of [insert state], By acquiring the Booking & Advisory Services, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of [insert state], Australia.
“We” and “us” means [insert company name] trading as [insert name] Travel.
“You” or “your” means any user of our Website or any person who acquires the Booking & Advisory Services, including any person who acquires a Travel Product (whether or not the Booking & Advisory Services were acquired by another person).
“Booking & Advisory Services” means services provided by us to you in assisting you to acquire a Travel Product from a Provider and includes advisory and consulting services.
“Force Majeure” means, but not limited to: acts of God, accident, riot, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, natural catastrophes, adverse weather conditions, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion and generalised lack of availability of raw materials or energy.
“Travel Provider” or “Provider” or “Providers” means the company or person who provides you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed with you.
“Travel Product” means the service or product provided by a Provider, for example, an airline or a hotel.
“Website” means our website [insert Web link]
|Reservation Deposit||For all bookings a payment of a deposit of $250 per person at time of booking. This deposit is non-refundable.|
|Amendment Fees||Changes to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $[insert] per passenger per booking in addition to Provider and credit card fees.|
|Changes to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of $[insert] per passenger per booking in addition to Provider and credit card fees.|
|Cancellation Fees||Cancellations to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $[insert] per booking in addition to Provider and credit card fees.|
|Cancellations to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of 20% booking value per booking in addition to Provider and credit card fees.|
|Credit Card Fees||Visa – an additional 1.5% applies|
|Mastercard – an additional 1.3% applies|
|American Express – an additional 2.2% applies|
|Debit Card Fees||Visa (fee free)|
|Mastercard (fee free)|
(All fees exclude GST, where applicable).